Monday, February 28, 2011

Me Made February – Finale: Hat


Finale – the last day of Me Made February. And to mark this special occasion I wear today...

... my brand new me made hat.

Pattern: me made, inspired by a hat I bought on St.Kilda’s Esplanade Market

Fabric outside: lightweight Prince-of- Wales- Check (Glencheck) fabric – gift from my friend N.

Fabric lining: pink lining fabric from the Neuköllner Stoffmarkt

I am really proud of it and therefore I saved it for the finale of my Me Made Challenge. It is the first time that I made a pattern myself and after only a few tweaks it now looks like the original. Only better ;-)

I love hats per se. But this hat I simply adore.

I love its style. It is chic yet practical (it is warm and covers both your ears completely plus you can just fold it up in your bag when you go inside). It is traditional yet quirky (I love tweed, but feel that I am not eccentric enough to wear the English-landlady-style from head to toe).

Therefore I knew I had to make a similar hat like this when I first saw it. And I am proud that I managed to do so before the long German winter is over. So now I have two of these wonderful hats to alternate for the rest of the winter. So bring on the -10Cs ;-)


And now ...

... that’s it! I cannot believe it. That was my last post and last item for this Me Made February :-( So, before I start to become all melancholic, I better go and have a look at your me made posts. For the last time – sniff!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toller Hut- Gratulation! Die Kombination aus Tweed und pinkem Futter ist absolut gelungen. Danke für das Präsentieren all deiner schönen Accessoires!
LG
Wiebke

Paula said...

Toll!! Das ist ein gelungenes Finale. Ich drück dir zuliebe die Daumen für ein paar (aber nur ein paar) mehr kalte Tage, damit du deine Mütze noch ausführen kannst. Ich finde den Schnitt toll und würd mir so einen auch gerne machen... wenn ich aber alles verstanden habe, ist er nach Vorbild eines gekauften Huts entstanden - ohne Schnitt?
PS. ich komm trotzdem gucken bei dir - auch ohne Me Made Monat hoffe ich doch, dass du weiter ein paar deiner außergewöhnlichen Ideen zeigst!

Anonymous said...

Hallo Ninotschka,
das Käppchen ist total süß, steht dir super! Ich hätte gerne eines in Rot :)
Nu isses vorbei, schnief...
die dana

seelenruhig said...

Sieht absolut hinreißend aus!!!! Bin begeistert!

Ellen

frau knopf said...

Absolut total toller Hut-Schnitt und Stoffkombi sind der Hit!!!

Andrea said...

das ist ja cool!!

liebe grüße Andrea

* Ninotschka * said...

Tausend Dank, ihr Lieben! Ich hatte den Hut heute schon auf und man kann ihn auch gut bei Sonne tragen - insofern lass dich nicht aufhalten, Fruehling ;-) Mal sehen, vielleicht mache ich ja doch ein ordentliches Schnittmuster oder gehe in Serienproduktion. Dann sage ich euch auf jeden Fall Bescheid!