Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Me Made February – Sewn


Half of Me Made February is already over – I cannot believe it. It is so much more fun and so much less stress than I thought it would be. So if you are still deciding whether to join or not – just do it! You make the rules, so no dramas at all! So please join me and the girls. You won’t regret it!

Today I am wearing something

SEWN

This is my favourite me made belt. It is inspired by an obi, which is the broad belt of traditional Japanese kimonos.

On side is a colourful, modern Japanese print fabric...

... the other one is classic blue jeans.

The combination of these two fabrics makes is sturdy enough to “shape” your figure a bit. Plus it offers you lots of possibilities to wear. I wear the colourful side to dress up boring (aehm classic) colour combinations like today. And I wear the jeans side over flowery dresses and the like.

I love broad belts! Plus I think they are ideal if you have a womanly (aehm hourglass) figure. So, why oh why have I discovered this so late? ;-)

3 comments:

Paula said...

Einen Gürtel zu nähen ist eine gute Idee! Muss ich auch mal machen. ... ich finde vor allem die Wendetaktik sehr praktisch - da lohnt sich einmal nähen gleich doppelt.

r said...

Schön :-)

Herzliche Grüße,
rebecca

* Ninotschka * said...

@Paula: Doppelt gemoppelt finde ich auch toll. Sonst versuche ich Futter wo es nur geht zu vermeiden, ich faules Stueck ;-)
@Rebecca: Vielen Dank fuer die Blumen.