Friday, February 18, 2011

Me Made February – Recycled

 
Recycling is actually one of my favourite ‘crafting techniques’. Because it is ecological. Because it is cheap – or even for free. Because I think that it is creativity as its best to come up with new uses for old things!

So today as part of my Me Made Challenge I wear my sushi necklace. It is made from the little soy sauce containers, which you get with each sushi set.

I love sushi. I could eat it every day. For breakfast, lunch and dinner. And I also cannot throw anything cute away. So, you can imagine how many of these fish soy containers I have ;-) I thought a lot about what to do with these before I came up with the idea of turning them into necklace charms. I know it is quite unusual and quirky, some may say even weird. I hope, however, that it doesn’t look like trash art. If it does, please let me know. Because even though I love recycling, I don’t want to look like a bag lady ;-)

Looking forward to your me made fashion!

3 comments:

Paula said...

Also das ist ja echt mal wieder eine abgefahrene Idee. - Du kriegst hier schon mal eine kleine Auszeichung für die außergewöhnlichsten Ideen im Me Made Monat von mir.
Ich kenne diese Sushi Dinger gar nicht und dachte auf den ersten Blick es seien Bonbons. Wie auch immer, ich glaub es könnte gut aussehen, passend kombiniert natürlich - man müsste es mal angezogen sehen. Kannst du nicht mal ein Bild am Hals machen?

Andrea said...

coole Idee! ich hab auch erstmal an Bonbons gedacht...

lg Andrea

* Ninotschka * said...

Vielen Dank für die Komplimente. Euer Wunsch ist mir natürlich Befehl. Habe gestern ein angezogenes Foto gepostet.