Monday, February 14, 2011

Me Made February – Crocheted

First of all: thank you so much for all your birthday greeting! I think I have never had that many wonderful people wishing me a happy birthday in my life – and that means in 35 birthdays ;-) I am also very grateful for your lovely comments about my dress and my accessories. They are so encouraging and motivating to make more.

Oh well, but now back to ‘work’ ;-)


A new week of my Me Made Challenge invented by Catherine. This week I want to show you the variety of techniques you can use to make fashion accessories. And I start with

CROCHET

Yes, it is true, I actually crocheted this necklace. And it is not that hard. All you need is thin wire and some basic knowledge in crochet – very basic! Because all you do is chain stitches and every now and then you add a bead and then keep going. I made 4 chains of about the same lengths and just made sure that the beads are spread evenly, then you add a closure and that is it. Pretty easy and very rewarding, I can tell you. I don’t know how many people have asked me where I had this necklace from ;-)

Looking forward to your me made things!

No comments: