Saturday, February 19, 2011

Me Made February – Glued

Wow, another week has flown by. Since taking part in the Me Made February the days seem to pass even quicker than normally. Fortunately I still find me made things in my drawers and wardrobe. And just another 9 days to go ;-)

Today I want to show you a me made brooch, which I just

GLUED

I found this beautiful wooden button at a flea market in Melbourne. I bought it although I had doubts that I would ever use it as a button. It is just too big and also a bit heavy. Then I simply glued a brooch backing onto the button.

Now I can wear it more often because I can switch it from one outfit to the next. Today I wore it with my favourite (bought) knitted dress, which I recently rediscovered in one of my storage boxes. Rediscovering old favourites is so much better than shopping for new things. No stress. No smelly changing rooms. Cheaper. And a great chance that it fits you ;-)

Oh, here is a little addition to yesterday’s post. That is how my sushi necklace looks on me.

Still not sure what to make of it. Maybe the fishes need some colour. Not soy sauce black. But maybe milky white. Because otherwise they do look like sweets. Weird translucent sweets. What do you think?

Anyway, I am going to jump straight to your old-new favourites now.

2 comments:

Christiane said...

Hi Nina,
coole Brosche - die würde ich auch gerne tragen!
Die Sushi-Fischchen...hmm... eher nicht... Vielleicht mit Goldspray einen auf edel machen?
Oder passend zum Band in Rot / Pink / Orange usw. lackieren (Nagellack o.ä.??)
Viele lieben Grüße, Christiane

* Ninotschka * said...

Ja, die Fischli sind irgendwie noch 'work-in-progress'. Werde demnächst mal ein paar Umfärbe-Aktionen starten. Habe auf ja jeden Fall genug Probematerial ;-)