Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wedding Photos – Part VII

On Wednesdays I share everything wedding with you: tips, projects, organisation, photos, faux-pas, fun things and golden rules I ‘learned’ from my own wedding. I feel I need to give something back to the fabulous blog community who helped me stay sane and enjoy every second of my ‘big day’.
* * *

Wedding photos are such a difficult decision you make in preparation for your big day. And the tricky thing is that you don’t have a second chance to get your perfect memories. Therefore I started a mini post series on wedding photos – how to make up your mind, how to decide which photographer to choose, what to prepare etc. So here is the last part:
1. Inspiration
2. Research
3. Briefing
4. Reality Check
5. Take your time
6. Enjoy
7. Be patient

Be patient – Perfect results might need a bit of time (and photoshopping)
Give your photographer a few days to recover from your wedding (yes, they need sleep too), to chose the best pictures and delete the blurry ones (even the most professional and artistic photographers might have the odd picture that no one needs to see) before you request to get them send.

I have to admit I completely failed at this task myself. I insisted on getting our photos before we went on our honeymoon and back to Australia. Which was just a few days after the wedding itself. It meant more sleepless nights and long working days for our poor photographer Bianca . And my only excuse is that it was one of my few bridzilla moments and I didn’t really know what I was requesting until afterwards. ;-( Nevertheless I am very sorry, Bianca)!!!


That was the last part of my mini-post-series on wedding photos. I hope I have covered everything you need to consider when choosing and organising your wedding photos. If you have any additional tips or questions, please just leave me a comment or send me an email (ninotschka13@gmail.com) and I promise to get back to you asap!

No comments: