Thursday, April 22, 2010

My first (real) Day of Maternity Leave

It’s is really true. I am on maternity leave from now on. I am free and a lady of leisure. No more presentations to deliver – I had my last one yesterday, just to delay the goodbye a tiny bit longer. But now no more reports to finish. No more goodbye parties. No more doctors’ appointments (at least for the next 2 weeks). Nothing ...

For 5 weeks. Or 3? Or 7? Depending on when our little dottie decides to come.

Feels good!

Sleeping in every morning. Having a proper breakfast with my lovely husband. Read blogs on end. Reply to all the emails sitting in my inbox. Prepare everything for the arrival of my little one. Start organising our move to Germany. Catch up with friends who I haven’t seen in ages. Take walks at the beach. Craft, craft, craft.


Feels weird,too!

No coffee or lunch break with my nice colleagues anymore. No gossip next to the coffee machine. No nice emails from happy clients. No challenges with new projects.

Oh well, I think I just need to start the first day of my maternity leave with a caffe latte, paper and pen and think about what I really want and need to do in the next couple of weeks.

I will show you my mat-leave-to-do-list tomorrow. Have a great Thursday!

No comments: