Thursday, April 8, 2010

Knee Highs

I cannot deny it anymore. Summer in Melbourne is over. We still have a lot of sunny days, but generally the temperatures are dropping. Especially at night and in the morning on my way to catch the tram to work, you can feel the difference. Brrrrrrr!!!

Since I am big fan of dresses and skirts – they just seem to love my figure so much more than pants, especially now being 8 months pregnant – this change of temperature is twice as hard for me. I am not ready for tights, yet, but I clearly need to put something on my legs.

Knee-high stockings had a personal revival in my wardrobe for the past few years. I used to wear them a lot when I was a child and then there was a long break from them. But now they are back and I have to admit, I dearly love them. They are quite a fashion statement, however.

They can be very elegant:
Picture found here

They can be simply fun:
Picture found here

They can be quite funky:
Stockings found here

They can be quite traditional:
Trachtenstumpf found here

I definitely want more of them!!! Autumn here I come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!