Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wedding Photos – Part II

On Wednesdays I share everything wedding with you: tips, projects, organisation, photos, faux-pas, fun things and golden rules I ‘learned’ from my own wedding. I feel I need to give something back to the fabulous blog community who helped me stay sane and enjoy every second of my ‘big day’.
* * *
Wedding photos are such a difficult decision you make in preparation for your big day. And the tricky thing is that you don’t have a second chance to get your perfect memories. Therefore I started a mini post series on wedding photos – how to make up your mind, how to decide which photographer to choose, what to prepare etc. So here is the second part:

1. Inspiration
2. Research
3. Briefing
4. Reality Check
5. Take your time
6. Enjoy
7. Be patient

Being a researcher by profession, this stage is obviously very important in my opinion. Taking different aspects into consideration and looking at a wide range of options before you make a decision is the way to go for me.

And please don’t just look at costs when choosing a photographer. Obviously some photographers are out of question because of their costs, but among the ones which are within your budget, look at their portfolio very closely. Examples of their work (often already on their website) will help you to determine what their style is and whether they could be able to make your dreams come true.

I had a look at the following photographers – all based in Berlin, because I didn’t want to add any extra travel costs:

Bernd Schoenberger
beautiful pictures, very artistic, but maybe too creative for my wedding?

Christoph Petras
very traditional wedding photography, a bit too posed for my liking

Karsten W Schmidt
very nice and lively pictures, but somehow a certain spark was missing for me

Milena Schloesser
wonderful impression, modern but still not overstyled– unfortunately she was not within my budget

Then I found Bianca Krause. With her everything fitted perfectly from the beginning. Her mix of capturing special moments, little details and the big picture, unposed, natural, modern but not crazy...

... and my first impression was absolutely spot on as you can see in the photos she took at my wedding as well as at the wedding of one of my best friends, who hired her for her wedding after seeing my beautiful pictures.



If you want to see more – here is her gallery!

No comments: