Monday, March 8, 2010

Ebay Baby


Every Monday I will post something related to babies: inspiration, craft projects, baby news, and discoveries I have made in this new and exciting world for me. I hope you come along on that rollercoaster ride with me.
* * *
I am sure I have told you about my super shopping success at Ebay a couple of weeks ago. Because I was so excited to win a beautiful stack of newborn baby clothes for just $30. Including postage! 33 pieces in total – which covers everything I need for the little one in the first three months and at under $1 a piece it is just insanely cheap.

The incredible saving I made on the essential clothing will definitely be spent on a few “oh-my-god-that-is-so-cute-that-I-just-cannot-resist-and-need-to-buy-it-despite-of-the-price-tag” items, which is fine. No heartbreak and not breaking the bank either – perfect!

The other advantage of buying preloved (don’t you love this new word invention, so much better than second hand or pre-used) baby clothes is of course that they have been washed many times before. And therefore the concentration of nasties in the clothes is so much lower than in new clothes. Well, maybe with the exception of organic clothes, but unfortunately my budget doesn’t allow me to buy only organic clothes for my little girl. So pre-loved clothing is the best possible option.

And after my parcel from South Australia has arrived a couple of days ago, I think it might even be the best option ever. The clothes are so cute and really in excellent condition.

Some stripes – soooo cute

Some warm romper suits – yeah, even Melbourne winters can get cold

Some eco brands - so simple and sophisticated designs

A footie suit – well, she will be a St.Kilda girl so there is no way past the Saints

Lots of singlets – not sure whether I will need them, but cannot hurt either. Plus two warm jumpers and comfy pants.

Officially these beautiful clothes are “boys’ stuff”, but I actually prefer the more neutral colours and cool designs to all the frilly, pink girls’ stuff that is available out there. And I am sure she will get a few pink things from family and friends as well so it is great that I can balance that with a few navy blue pants

Thus my baby shopping list has suddenly been reduced to just a few additional items like socks and caps. Hurray!

No comments: