Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wedding Anniversaries

On Wednesdays I share everything wedding with you: tips, projects, organisation, photos, faux-pas, fun things and golden rules I ‘learned’ from my own wedding. I feel I need to give something back to the fabulous blog community who helped me stay sane and enjoy every second of my ‘big day’.

* * *
Andi and I just had our first wedding anniversary last October. In preparation for this occasion I did a bit of research on what you traditionally do or give for your first anniversary. And I stumbled across a list of anniversaries, which I found just adorable. Obviously every anniversary has a kind of theme, which can wonderfully translated into activities and presents. I often didn’t like the suggested presents themselves, so I decided just to go with the overall topic and let my imagination run wild. And there are some real challenges, I can tell you, e.g. 12 1/2 years is parsley anniversary. Oh well, at least I have some years left to come up with a really awesome idea ;-)

So here is my wedding anniversary topic list:


1st Paper
2nd Cotton
3rd Leather
4th Silk
5th Wood
6th Tin
7th Copper
8th Iron sheet
9th Porcelain
10th Roses
11th Steel
12th Nickel
12 ½ Parsley
13th Chrystal
14th Ivory
15th Glass
19th Furniture


20th China
25th Silver
30th Pearl
35th Coral
40th Ruby
45th Sapphire
50th Gold
55th Emerald
60th Diamond
65th Blue Sapphire
70th Platinum

75th Crown Juwel

Darling, I am so looking forward to our crown juwel wedding anniversary! And I already know what I will give you for that very special day. I love you!!!

No comments: