Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Wedding Photos – Part I

On Wednesdays I share everything wedding with you: tips, projects, organisation, photos, faux-pas, fun things and golden rules I ‘learned’ from my own wedding. I feel I need to give something back to the fabulous blog community who helped me stay sane and enjoy every second of my ‘big day’.
* * *
When I started writing this post I quickly realised what a big decision it is to find the right photographer. I am not sure whether I was aware of this when we had to make the decision. Which sometimes is a good thing if everything works out (which in our case it miraculously did). But to avoid any disappointment it might be worth considering a few things along the way – aehm decision making process:

1. Inspiration
2. Research
3. Briefing
4. Reality Check
5. Take your time
6. Enjoy
7. Be patient

So today is the start of a mini series of posts on wedding photos. I will begin with the inspiration phase today and proceed with the remaining phases the next few Wednesdays.

Inspiration
Look at lots of different wedding photos in order to find out what you want. And what you don’t want. Which is equally important!

Good sources of inspiration for me were:
After flicking through hundreds, not let’s make it thousands of photos, I put together a collage of the ones I really loved. These were my inspiration photos – they made me smile, cry or just want to frame them although I didn’t know anyone in the photos.


I didn’t know how to describe our style of photos exactly. Therefore I found the pictures extremely helpful to define it. What I definitely knew after looking at so many other wedding photos was what were really important shots for me. And lucky me – I got them. My photographer Bianca made it happen.

I wanted a group photo including all of our guests. One that shows that they had a good time.


I wanted pictures of Andi and me that show true affection without any posing.


I wanted some impressions of the big party afterwards.


See, it still works. These photos make me smile, they bring back the sweetest memories and let the sun shine a bit brighter. So happy Wednesday to you!!!

No comments: