Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wedding Photos – Part III

On Wednesdays I share everything wedding with you: tips, projects, organisation, photos, faux-pas, fun things and golden rules I ‘learned’ from my own wedding. I feel I need to give something back to the fabulous blog community who helped me stay sane and enjoy every second of my ‘big day’.
* * *

Wedding photos are such a difficult decision you make in preparation for your big day. And the tricky thing is that you don’t have a second chance to get your perfect memories. Therefore I started a mini post series on wedding photos – how to make up your mind, how to decide which photographer to choose, what to prepare etc. So here is the third part:

1. Inspiration
2. Research
3. Briefing
4. Reality Check
5. Take your time
6. Enjoy
7. Be patient

Briefing
After finding a photographer who you think might have a similar about the style of photos you are looking for, I think it is extremely important to meet that person. Get to meet him or her. Live and in colour. To talk about your wishes. Your greatest fear. Discuss different options, show examples of what you really like and what you want to avoid.

We met our photographer Bianca two weeks prior to the wedding. We had a coffee together.

We brought some examples of wedding photos we liked. We told her what we planned for the day. What the schedule looked like. How many guests we expected. Who we are. Where we live. Why we choose this church and this location.

She brought her portfolio and we showed her which style we preferred. She asked us about our essential shots and photos which we didn’t care too much about. She said she needed someone to show her who the father of the bride is. And the mother of the groom. The maid of honour. The best men. She told us why she loves to be a wedding photographer. How she started this job. What to expect from her when.

It was a very nice afternoon and Andi and I started to get really excited about the wedding. We also laughed a lot and started to feel very comfortable with eachother. And that shows on the photos of the ‘big’ day, I think.


No comments: