Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My favourite Wedding Blogs


On Wednesdays I share everything wedding with you: tips, projects, organisation, photos, faux-pas, fun things and golden rules I ‘learned’ from my own wedding. I feel I need to give something back to the fabulous blog community who helped me stay sane and enjoy every second of my ‘big day’.
* * *
As I said I really started to get into reading blogs when I prepared for my wedding. Because it was such an unknown and exciting new world to me. Because I wanted to make this day special in our own way and therefore I wanted to know about all the different choices out there. To be able to decide what we want and what we don’t want. And of course because the second best thing to being invited to a wedding is to read about one and see all those wonderful dresses, decorations, places and emotional people.

So without any further rambling: Here are my favourite wedding blogs:

2000 Dollar Wedding
What an amazing idea! Despite the general wedding hype Sara and Matt managed to have a simply wonderful wedding for just $2000. Although I tried very hard, my wedding budget ended up being higher, but her blog was always a rich source of inspiration and sanity throughout the wedding preparations. My suggestion is that you go to Sara’s blog and read at least 5 posts after you had a look at any wedding magazine or had a chat with a wedding planner or another wedding-obsessed person. It will help you to stay calm and refocus, to stay down-to-earth and enjoy the preparations as well as the big day itself.

Earth Friendly Weddings
A blog full of simple, stylish, eco- and often also budget-friendly ideas. For crafting, for buying or simply to admire their beauty. Jennifer’s posts inspired me to make my own wedding that little bit eco-friendlier as well: email save-the-dates and replies to the invitation (added benefit: so much quicker delivery from Australia to Germany!), no disposable cameras (everyone brought his or her digital camera anyway) and have the wedding in the city (very little transport needed).

Jesse and Deanna
Journey of an incredible creative, but otherwise wonderfully normal couple through their wedding preparations. I love that they both blog – finally wedding preparations are not only the job and passion of the bride-to-be. One of the highlights are definitely their favours – I cannot get over it, they are so brilliant and so much fun

Eco Chic Weddings
More green and stylish ideas including jewellery, flowers, dresses, gifts, invitations and and and...

Etsy Wedding Blog
That is where you get all those wonderful one-of-pieces: dresses, accessories, decorations, presents, cards,...

Offbeat Bride
I am afraid I am not off beat enough to have a totally alternative wedding with a red dress or in the woods, but a great to balance all the barbie-princess-style weddings, very individual and creative

Once Wed
I especially love the real weddings section as inspiration and the diy weddings section as hands-on advice

Style Me Pretty
This blog is full of pretty, pretty pictures which are a daily inspiration. I often found little treasury ideas in those photos and tried to re-create them.

Wedding Bee
A wonderful community of brides-to-be who share their individual journey through the wedding preparations. From hilarious to serious, from inspiring to shocking...

With this Ring
Wonderful real life weddings and a big diy section as well... pure eye candy

No comments: