Friday, May 7, 2010

Movie Marathon

Another thing ticked off my mat-leave-to-do list. No 8 to be precise.
-----------------
1. Read at least one book with 400+ pages from cover to cover
2. Finish the embroidery on my baby quilt
3. Back a cake
4. Go to the hairdresser for a great haircut – already done
5. Make a dummy band
6. Rearrange the furniture in our apartment to have room for the little one
7. Have a Thai take-away dinner in our car at the beach
8. Watch all the movies I always wanted to see but never got around to
9. Make a few warm baby jackets
10. Look for nice music to put on my iPod
--------------------------
Today I went to the video rental and picked up not one, not two... but 7 movies!



I started by watching ‘Coco avant Chanel’. A great movie, if you are into independent women, fashion and a bitter-sweet love story. I am and therefore I thoroughly enjoyed it. Although it was entirely in French (luckily with English subtitles because my French is more than rusty), which somehow added to the whole elegant, nostalgic atmosphere.

Then my husband and I watched ‘Catch me if you can’. A real surprise. I am not that into Leonardo DiCaprio, but I absolutely loved this movie. It is funny and also a bit thoughtful, exciting and full of twists, somehow unrealistic but based on a real story, fast but not mind-blowing and it is full of great actors. Highly recommended, especially if you after a movie both you and your husband enjoys.

No comments: