Sunday, May 30, 2010

Baby or false alarm

Lovely readers,


I am afraid in the next few days this little blog of mine will be a lot quieter than usually. I have a great excuse though – actually the best excuse ever:

I think I am having a baby. RIGHT NOW!

I had contractions for the past few hours and I am at the point now, when I stopped smiling. And then it is a good idea to go to hospital, the midwife in our child birth class said.

I am excited. I am nervous. I am giggly. I am beside myself. I am incredibly happy. I am a bit frightened.

Anyway, this baby wants to get out NOW.

So I better grab my hospital bag, my lovely husband and get going. I’ll see you when I get back. Either in a couple of hours, if it was false alarm after all. Or in a couple of days when my little one and I are back home for the first time. How exciting!

See you soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I wish you all the best, you might even be happy with your little one in your arms already!
Have a good start as family and mother, and remember there will be lots of reason to smile again quite soon (even when breastfeeding, which sometimes doesn't seem like in the beginning ;-))
Take care,
Chris

* Ninotschka * said...

Hi Chris, thank you so much for your lovely comment. Actually I had my baby in my arms by then. I still cannot fully believe it, so I spend most of my time staring at her in amazement ;-) Thanks again. Nina