Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Girls are Back!!!





Pictures from here

Only two more sleeps and the girls are back in town, aehm in the city.

In two days ‘Sex and the City 2’ will be released in the US. In three days it will be released in Germany and Australia will have to wait until June 2nd. I might have to wait even longer, because sitting in a cinema chair for 2 hours is currently just impossible for me and my belly, not even for Sex&the City 2 ;-(

Nevertheless I cannot wait to see the girls again. When the TV series started in Germany, I just had split up with my boyfriend of eight years. I was 29, focussing on my career, dreading the lonely Sundays, getting slowly back into dating, puzzled and amused by the guys I met, interested in fashion and handbags, reading glossy magazines, travelling around the world (for my job and in every spare time), spending a lot of time on pampering, shopping and going out... in short I could have been one of them. If I lived in NY and not in Berlin, if I earned a fortune and not just a living, if I ... Anyway, I really felt close to the four girls. My girlfriends and I spend every Tuesday in front of the TV with bubbly and snacks, with gossip and our own ‘love stories’.

Now 5 years later, I just cannot believe how my life has changed. I live in Australia, I am married to the love of my life, I am about to be a mama, I love lazy Sundays, I still love travelling and fashion... All changes for the better, but I still miss these girl nights and my TV friends from NY.

So, see you soon, girls! I cannot wait to hear what happened to you in the last 5 years!

No comments: