Monday, May 10, 2010

Popcorn & Canned Peaches

Every Monday I will post something related to babies: inspiration, craft projects, baby news, and discoveries I have made in this new and exciting world for me. I hope you come along on that rollercoaster ride with me.
* * *

Although I was quite relaxed with my pregnancy from the start, there are of course a couple of things I obsessed about. Things which are really not that important. Things which might be absolutely insignificant to others. Things other pregnant women might not think about at all. In my opinion, however, every pregnant lady should be allowed to obsess about 2 or 3 things (or maybe even 5). All these crazy hormones need an outlet and by limiting those to a couple of things, this should be really manageable for our lovely partners.

As you know my first pregnancy obsession is quite externally and beauty focussed. But there is more...

Pregnancy Obsession No 2: Popcorn & Canned Peaches
I always had a taste for rather weird food and food combinations. I love ‘Teewurst’ (a really strange German soft sausage, a bit like Liverwurst but even worse). A bar of chocolate followed by a salami sandwich was not out of the ordinary for me prior to my pregnancy (you need to balance the super-sweet taste, don’t you ;-)). Therefore I didn’t expect any pregnancy cravings which ‘top’ my usual eating behaviour and for the first 8 months of my pregnancy this seems to be true. But suddenly – I don’t know whether it is hormonal or just comfort food – I am addicted to

sweet popcorn
picture found here

& canned peaches
picture found here

I usually don’t have a very sweet tooth, but now it cannot be sugary enough. And fresh peaches don’t do the trick either, they need to be artificially soft and juicy and sweet.

Oh, little dottie, I hope you don’t get all hyper with all that sugar.

No comments: