Saturday, May 15, 2010

My TOP 5 Cook Books


It is the 15th again – so it is time for reading. And time for sharing my favourite books with you. This month it is all about cook books. Recently the second season of Masterchef  has started and to say that I am hooked is an absolute understatement. I literally watch every episode possible. Usually with a bowl of yummy food in my hand, because who can watch people cook amazing things with an empty stomach... but stop today is not about watching TV, today it is all about books. So here they are...

... my TOP 5 Cook Books:
Delicious Days – Nicole Stich
Based on Nicole’s wonderful food blog this book just bursts of yummy recipes. All have them have the potential to become classics in my repertoire. Or my signature as Masterchef’s George would say. You can really feel Nicole’s passion for food in each dish and each photo. And for more inspiration just visit her blog again and again and again ;-)
In German and English


Food Fast – Donna Hay
The chapters of this book are the amount of time it will take you to make the dishes. 5min, 10min, 20min and 30min. And the best thing is that it really won’t take you longer, all preparation and cooking times are included. Despite their quickness, the recipes are all delicious (at least the 70% of them which I tried so far) and the photos are mouth-watering. Eye-candy deluxe!
In German or English 

Relish : Great Food for a Great Cause
A great cook book supporting local restaurants and charities in St.Kilda and southern Melbourne. Well, I have to admit I am a bit biased about this book, because a) I love the area we live in and b) my lovely husband was taking photos for the 2009 version of this book. Nevertheless I think it is a great source of inspiration. It can also serve as a restaurant guide. I tend to go to restaurants I love again and again and would like to try out new restaurants more often. And what is a better business card for a restaurant than a beautiful photo of their signature dish (I know, George again)
In English only

Healthy Appetite – Gordon Ramsay
No matter what you think about his outbursts of swearing on TV, Gordon’s recipes are great. Traditional with a twist. Healthy but tasty. Delicious but achievable. With great tips on nutrition, healthy cooking methods and shopping but without lecturing.
In English only

Mums Cookbook
My favourite cook book ever. Because it contains all my favourite recipes. And that is no coincidence. My mum made and gave me this recipe book when I moved out of parents’ house. I was 19 and took on the world, uhm oh well Berlin to start with. Since then only a couple of recipes made it to this exquisite recipe selection. The standards are extremely high: the one and only Vitello Tonato recipe, the best “Butterplaetzchen” , Scampi al la Karen , the fool-proof baking-tray cake,...
Unique and not for sale ;-)

Now, please let me know: What is your favourite, mouth-watering food inspiration?

No comments: