Thursday, March 31, 2011

Re-Styling Extreme

Re-styling is one of my passions. Maybe because I love accessories so much. Maybe because my share of our wardrobe is more than full. Maybe because I love to play with fashion. Anyway, during Me Made February I enjoyed re-styling my jeans dress very much.


And I could have come up with at least another 12 variations. But not with 365.

Tthat is exactly what Maike Winnemuth did though. She is a German journalist and did the most extreme re-styling experiment I can think of. She wore the same blue dress for ... 1 year. Yes, that is 365 days! The same dress! Well she had three copies, because of hygienic reasons, but it was really just that one blue dress.

I know, I couldn’t believe it either. But it is true and you can have a look at all the stylings and the whole experiment here. The blog is in German only – sorry! Nevertheless you can a) look at the pictures, no matter what your mother tongue is and b) there are more ‘crazy’ women who did the same and posted about it in English

e.g. Alex Martin and The little brown dress

or Sheena Matheiken and The uniform project

Some claim their projects as an “attempt to confront consumerism” (Alex Martin), some want to raise money for an Indian schooling project, others just don’t want to think about what to wear every day for a year.

Amazing, don’t you think?

No comments: