On Wednesdays I share everything wedding with you: tips, projects, organisation, photos, faux-pas, fun things and golden rules I ‘learned’ from my own wedding. I feel I need to give something back to the fabulous blog community who helped me stay sane and enjoy every second of my ‘big day’.
* * *
One of my favourite presents for all brides-to-be in my life is a self-made Bridal Emergency Kit. It contains everything that helps to prevent the little dramas on the big day, for example:
- Hairpins (for unruly strands of hair)
- Lipgloss (for a little touch up after all that kissing)
- 2 Headache Tablets (one if a nervous headache strikes before the ceremony and one for the morning after)
- Handcream (to smoothen unruly strands of hair or flaky skin on the naked elbows and knees and to make the new wedding ring slip easily onto the finger )
- Transparent Nail Varnish (for last minutes touch-ups on finger and toe nail as well as for stopping annoying runs in stockings and tights)
- Safety Pins (because you just don’t have time to do any sewing of hems and there will always stand someone on someone else’s hem)
- Mints (so much kissing and mostly so little drinking and eating, do I need to say more?)
- De-Make-Up Wipes (tears of joy and make-up just don’t mix well, even if it is waterproof make-up)
- Band Aids (we don’t want to risk getting blood stains onto the wedding dress, do we?)
- Tissues (because no matter how relaxed and cool you are, you will cry at some point. Promised!)
Voila, your personal bridal emergency manual is finished.