Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bridal Emergency Kit

On Wednesdays I share everything wedding with you: tips, projects, organisation, photos, faux-pas, fun things and golden rules I ‘learned’ from my own wedding. I feel I need to give something back to the fabulous blog community who helped me stay sane and enjoy every second of my ‘big day’.
* * *

One of my favourite presents for all brides-to-be in my life is a self-made Bridal Emergency Kit. It contains everything that helps to prevent the little dramas on the big day, for example:
  • Hairpins (for unruly strands of hair) 
  • Lipgloss (for a little touch up after all that kissing)
  • 2 Headache Tablets (one if a nervous headache strikes before the ceremony and one for the morning after)
  • Handcream (to smoothen unruly strands of hair or flaky skin on the naked elbows and knees and to make the new wedding ring slip easily onto the finger )
  • Transparent Nail Varnish (for last minutes touch-ups on finger and toe nail as well as for stopping annoying runs in stockings and tights)
  • Safety Pins (because you just don’t have time to do any sewing of hems and there will always stand someone on someone else’s hem)
  • Mints (so much kissing and mostly so little drinking and eating, do I need to say more?)
  • De-Make-Up Wipes (tears of joy and make-up just don’t mix well, even if it is waterproof make-up)
  • Band Aids (we don’t want to risk getting blood stains onto the wedding dress, do we?)
  • Tissues (because no matter how relaxed and cool you are, you will cry at some point. Promised!) 
I usually put all of these things into a self made white fabric bag (which I am going to show you another time), which the maid of honour then can keep at hand for any bridal emergencies. Oh, I also usually add a little Leporello with descriptions on how to use the kit. If you want, you can copy my design for this little booklet here (just click on the picture to get a higher resolution version):


All you have to do is copy the images on a page each, blow them up till they cover the whole page and then print them double-sided onto light cardboard. Afterwards cut them horizontally in half and fold them in three equal parts. Then paste them together on the small edge. Add descriptions to the single pages if you want.


Voila, your personal bridal emergency manual is finished.

No comments: