Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What happens when you open a box of clothes which have been in storage for 3 years?

You laugh!

Today I started something that I had on my to-do-list for quite a while now. I started unpacking the boxes with my clothes. The clothes that I put in there before we moved to Australia. We left them here in Berlin in storage for 3 years. Then we moved them into our new apartment and there they have been sitting for more than 3 aehm 4 months now. So it is really time to open them. Have a close look at them. And then decide what to do with them. This is not an easy job: a) because I love clothes and it is really hard for me to give things away even if I don’t wear them and b) because I had absolutely no clue what was in these boxes (well apart from some treasures which I missed dearly in the past 3 years).

Anyway, it took me even longer than anticipated to empty these boxes, because I kept on asking myself...

Have I really been that “spießig“ (middle aged-middle class) in my 20s?

Have I really worn this dress to a bar? Repeatedly?


Have I really worn size 36 (Size 8 )? Anyway, I am not going to in the future...


Why on earth have I kept this and not thrown it away 3 years ago?


How many red coats do I really need?

Why are all my pullovers so short? Have I also grown in height and not only in size in the past 3 years?


I am going to take some pictures of the clothes I have mentioned in this post tomorrow morning. At the moment it is too dark. Plus there are 5 more boxes to open. To discover. To laugh at. - Done. Done. Done ;-)

No comments: