Sunday, January 30, 2011

Social Saturday

Today I have a wonderful busy Social Saturday:

picture found here

In the morning we are catching up with friends who recently build a house. Very exciting. I haven’t seen it, yet, so I am very excited. They have a little one as well and therefore we meet for breakfast (who else would be awake at 9.30am on a Saturday morning – just parents ;-)) Besides D. and I have great plans for a “crafting empire”. We hope to carry this big idea a bit further – as far as you can go in-between feeds and naps and nappies ;-)

picture found here

Then other friends of us come over for an evening full of pizza and board games. We had a game night last week, but as always weren’t able to do more than one board game (too much eating, too much chatting and a “school night” ;-)), therefore we decided to make it a regular happening. I don’t know why I haven’t played many board games in the past 10-15 years. They are so much fun. I love how everybody gets completely immersed in the game. How everyone gets competitive – even the ones who said they don’t care. How times flies. How you become a kid again. How much fun you can have with the oldest and simplest of games.

Hope you enjoy your Saturday!

No comments: