Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Preparing for Valentine's Day

The lovely Tiina over at Sparkling Ink has reminded me a couple of days ago that Valentine's Day is around the corner. Actually it is Sunday. THIS Sunday.

I think it is a wonderful thing to dedicate a whole day of celebrations to your love. To show that you care, still care, will always care immensely about him. So why do I always forget about this day until the very last minute?

... maybe because my birthday is the day before and in the week prior I am usually knee-deep in party preparations. And I always have a party ;-)

... maybe because Valentine's Day isn't such a big thing in Germany. Or maybe not yet - there seem to be more and more Valentine's products being launched each year. Most of them are hideous and totally defy the purpose of the day for me. I mean - no offence - but who wants cheap-tasting chocolate in the form of a rosebud? Seriously...

Anyway, Valentine's Day is not about presents for me anyway. It is about spending time with this special someone. Or write heart-warming notes and letters.

That is what I decided to do this year - write a love letter. Because my poor love hasn't received one from me in a long time. And he deserves it more than ever. I think living together, being married and expecting a child together shouldn't be excuses for not writing love letters.

So all I have to do is to pop over to my favourite stationary shop kikki.k and get those...

 



... and then sit down with a lovely cup of tea and write...

Happy Inspiration!

No comments: