Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bridal Bling!

On Wednesdays I share everything wedding with you: tips, projects, organisation, photos, faux-pas, fun things and golden rules I ‘learned’ from my own wedding. I feel I need to give something back to the fabulous blog community who helped me stay sane and enjoy every second of my ‘big day’.
* * *
On Saturday, I did one of my favourite things. Shopping for bling! As you know I am heavily addicted to all things glitter and therefore I was delighted when my friend A asked me to help her shop for her bridal jewellery. Her dress is beautiful sculptural and flowing, but needed a bit of shining glamour. Easy!!! So we met on Bridge Road in Richmond, where – for whatever reason – there is an incredible concentration of wonderful bling shops . I think they really should change the street name from Bridge Road to Bride Road ;-)

We had so much fun browsing through the shops, experimenting with different sizes, shapes, colours and different pieces of jewellery. And in the end the bride was loaded with lovely little bags in pastel colours full of bling – that didn’t break the bank. That needed to be celebrated with a glass of champagne (for the bride-to-be) and a lovely orange juice for the personal shopping assistant. ;-)

Surprisingly I didn’t buy a single piece of bling for my own wedding. Seriously! I already had everything, although I hadn’t even though of them being suitable for my wedding one day.


My necklace was a gift from by parents when I got my business administration degree.


My earrings were a gift from my parents for the wedding.


I bought the hairpins years ago and have never worn them. I think I just kind of waited for the right occasion ;-)

So, last Saturday I could finally fulfil this wonderful task of bridal bling shopping. It was pleasure, A. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did ;-)

P.S.: The food at Movida was even better than expected by the way. And I already had high expectations. So I highly recommended that you make a reservation and wait for 6 weeks or how long it takes ;-) It is definitely worth it - just for the anchovis on toasted bread with smoked tomato sorbet. Yummy!

No comments: