Sunday, February 7, 2010

Crafty Sunday

I had a wonderful productive crafting day today. I started with a short trip to my local Spotlight (craft shop) to finally get me a rotary fabric cutter and a long quilting ruler. I had some really annoying experiences with trying to cut equally sized fabric pieces with scissors and I was just fed up with it. Actually I arrived 5 minutes before the shop opened – Andi says that proves that I am real crafting nerd – but I wasn’t the only one. There were 5 women in front of me ;-)

Anyway back at home the new equipment was put to tests and what can I say – it worked perfectly. Impressive how good tools can make your life so much easier. And the results so much better. Money well worth spent I would say.

Today I started a baby quilt which I want to make for my little one. She will be born in Melbourne, but we are moving back to Germany when she is only a couple of months old. So I don’t think she will remember much of her time in Melbourne. Therefore I wanted to make something for her that will always remind her of being born in Australia. Something with Australian animals, Australian plants and flowers, Australian colours, ...

My inspiration was:



It is my first quilt so although I worked all day, I still haven’t gotten to a stage where I want to show you more of it. I will definitely keep you updated in my progress though.

No comments: