Monday, February 1, 2010

My Perfect Beach House



At the beginning of each month I want to show you places where I’d rather be at that very moment. As you know I am constantly either travelling or dreaming of travelling and I want to share my favourite bars, restaurants, hotels, cities and countries around the world with you. And I am looking for your recommendations for my next trips.
* * *
This month I want to show you my perfect beach house. It is not really mine, unfortunately. But if I had a beach house it would look exactly like this. To the very last detail. When I saw it first almost a year and half ago, I couldn't believe how beautiful, how calming, how simple yet sophisticated, how relaxing and how cosy it is.
Beautiful view
windows and terrace looking down onto Piha Beach, the famous surf beach with dark black volcano sand, amazing sunsets and lots of birds in the surrounding bushes...

Beautiful interior
big bed with lots of blankets and cushions plus a heater (it does get cold in winter!), massive jeans sofa, woven baskets on the wall, lots of natural light...
Beautiful decoration 
lots of white, natural materials, shells, fresh green, photos of Maori tattoos, original art and lots of the fashion and interior magazines for entertainment...


Where: Piha Beach, North Island, New Zealand

Highlight: Watching a thunderstorm raging above the beach and the sea, snuggled up under a warm blanket, with a bowl of homemade pasta...

More photos, information and ideas: The Studio, Piha Beach

No comments: