Friday, April 15, 2011

Cupcake Party – Blueberry Muffins

I love parties! I love to go to parties! I love to throw them! I think there are many things to celebrate, not only birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas and Easter. Therefore I now dedicated my Friday posts to parties: to creative party invitations, to easy-to-make party food, to party decorations that make all the difference... I hope you feel inspired by the festive atmosphere on Fridays and celebrate many small and big events.

Here comes the last part of my cupcake party posts. Today I want to share my favourite blueberry muffin recipe with you. I love blueberry muffins and a tried many recipes before I stumbled across this one and LOVED it straight away. No tweaking necessary. It has lots of blueberries, lots of crumble and just the right amount of sugar – not too sweet, not too tart. Just yummy!!!!

Although you know now how to convert cups into grams, I will give you the ingredients both in cups and grams. Just to make it super-easy.

For 8 people – or 4 people who love blueberry muffins as much as I do ;-) – you need:

Muffin:
190 g all-purpose flour (1 1/2 cups)
150 g white sugar (3/4 cup)
3 g salt (1/2 teaspoon)
9 g baking powder (2 teaspoons)
80 ml vegetable oil (1/3 cup)
1 egg
80 ml milk (1/3 cup)
145 g fresh blueberries (1 cup) or much more if you want them really fruity like I do

Crumble:
100 g white sugar (1/2 cup)
40 g all-purpose flour (1/3 cup)
55 g butter, cubed (1/4 cup)
3 g ground cinnamon (1 ½ teaspoon)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.

Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries.

To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.

Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.

Easy isn’t it?

No comments: