Thursday, January 7, 2010

Passion No 2 - black&white photos

I ♥ black and white photography!
Because it takes away all the distraction. Because your eye can focus on the essence of the object. Because no colour is sometimes more beautiful than a rainbow of them. Because it provides calmness. And sharpness. Because it is timeless – modern and old-fashioned at the same time. Because it makes me dream.

Here are some examples of my favourite Melbourne photographer:








Photos by Matt Irwin

Isn’t he amazing? I first saw his photos at a stall on Queen Victoria market and it was love at first sight. I was struck by the atmosphere each of them creates. They just seem to be simple and straightforward at first sight. Then they work their magic – especially if you know the places shown in the pictures. The only problem is that I cannot decide which photos I want to buy most urgently. There are just too many which I absolutely love. Maybe I should start and buy his calendar for 2010.

3 comments:

Color Fade said...

These really are lovely. You can always buy multiples and start a gallery on your wall ;)

* Ninotschka * said...

Sounds like a plan ;-)

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Wow, those are beautiful! I'm loving the last one.