Thursday, January 21, 2010

A new job

I got a new job today! I am so excited about it. It is really a dream come true. The team seems to be lovely, the job is basically doing what I love and the office is really close to where I live. It is a 3-months contract, which is perfect, because it gives me the opportunity to work while I feel great (and quite restless at home) and to have a bit of time off towards the end of my pregnancy.

I am starting next Wednesday and until then I will make to most of my remaining free days: Go to the immigration museum. Spend a lazy evening at the beach. Get my hair cut. Go and have lunch with a friend. Sleep in without feeling guilty. Finish all the baby projects I have started over the last couple of weeks. Ride my bike...

Isn’t it funny that you seem to appreciate your free time much more when you know that it is soon over? Stupid, really, but that is the way it is for me anyway. I always seem to need the next step in sight to appreciate what I have now.

Anyway, I am going to celebrate with a glass of preggie champagne aka sparkling grape juice now!


2 comments:

Ute (durbanville) said...

congratuliations to your new job ...

greetings from Germany .. Ute

* Ninotschka * said...

Thanks so much! I still cannot believe what a perfect fit this job is!