Monday, July 4, 2011

My Favourite Dollhouse – To Go

Every Monday I will post something related to babies: inspiration, craft projects, baby news, and discoveries I have made in this new and exciting world for me. I hope you come along on that rollercoaster ride with me.
* * *
I love dollhouses! I think they were my favourite toys when I was little. I had a huge wooden one that my dad made for us. Plus my sister and I constantly created new ones. Made out of cardboard, paper, glue and lots of imagination. We always added new things, decorated and redecorated, made new pieces of furniture... Truly work in process and I think as soon as all seemed finish the fun of playing with it was over as well.
Why I bother you with these old childhood stories of mine? Because I found a wonderful playhouse made by the MoMA which reminds me so much of our old cardboard dollhouses. Although it is definitely more beautiful and more stylish than the shoeboxes we had.
picture found here

video to see what you can do it here

Isn’t it lovely? I would like to order it straight away. But perhaps I should give a shoebox another try first. I have this postcard which I could use as lawn for the balcony and maybe I can make a little deck chair out of some wooden sticks and a rubber band...
Oh I love toys that set your creativity on fire!

No comments: