Monday, December 12, 2011

Weihnachtskleid sew along – Sewing

Cat, I couldn’t agree more with you. Without the pressure of the creative challenge Christmas dress sew-along I would never finish my dress. But so the deadlines hang right next to my desk and ‘remind’ me that I really have to get to work with this beautiful dress. So here is the update on my Christmas dress:

I am not finished (hoho, not even close).

I am not nearly as far as you, Cat (Probekleid? Auftrennen? Einsetzen? Kragen? Oh, not yet sir)
BUT
I have finished all the annoying bits last night: buying all supplies, cutting, bordering all raw edges and so on. Which is a big thing, because once these things are done, I am enthusiastic about sewing and manage to finish the dress in a couple of hours. Or days?
When I read on the pattern it was easy, I thought: okay just a couple of hours.
Then I read through the instructions and counted the necessary steps (57!!!) and thought: oh no, days!
Then I counted the number of pieces, which need to be sewn together (8), and thought: hours!
Then I thought about the lining, which I need because the dress is mainly off-white and thought: days ;-(
Oh, well there is no point in further trying to do the maths. I just have to start. So without further blahblah and just a quick look over to your dresses, I am off to my sewing machine.  Keep your fingers crossed that I have something to show you next week ;-)

2 comments:

Christiane said...

Hast Du schön geschrieben - genauso geht es mir auch immer. Ich bin echt froh, dass ich mich gar nicht öffentlich zu einem Weihnachtskleid für mich bekannt habe. Dein Kleid wird aber bestimmt super - der Stoff ist toll!! Also leg' los...
Ich hänge hier schon DAYS an einem Weihnachtskleid für die große Kleine (und denke ernsthaft darüber nach, ob für die Kleine nicht ein abgelegtes der Großen reich. Pfui. Rabenmutter...).
Aber wer gefütterte Kleidchen für die Kinder näht ist selber schuld!
Liebe Grüße,
Christiane

* Ninotschka * said...

Ach vielen Dank für den Motivationsschub. Hat geholfen. Habe schon alles mit Nadeln gesteckt und jetzt kann gleich losgerattert werden. Und du bist gar keine Rabenmutter. Du nähst deiner Kleenen wenigstens was. Ich kümmere mich nur um mein Outfit und das Zwergerl muss H&M tragen ;-)