Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wedding Icons

On Wednesdays I share everything wedding with you: tips, projects, organisation, photos, faux-pas, fun things and golden rules I ‘learned’ from my own wedding. I feel I need to give something back to the fabulous blog community who helped me stay sane and enjoy every second of my ‘big day’.

* * *

No - I don’t mean the standard ones: hearts, rings, bells, doves etc.

I mean icons that you choose to repeat in the decorations of your wedding. Icons which might not be typical or particular romantic, but which have a special meaning for the couple or make home-made wedding decoration look consistent and professional.

picture found here

My friend N. has chosen snowflakes as icon for her December wedding 4 years ago. Because every snowflake is unique – as unique as the bride and the groom and each and every one of their guests. On the day no snowflakes fell from the sky, but everywhere else there were millions of unique flakes: punched out of the invitations, as confetti on the tables (the beautiful leftovers from the invitations), stamped on the menus, projected on the walls, metal ones in the bridal bouquet, even the desserts were decorated with sugar snowflakes,... It was beautiful! Special! Romantic! Winterly! And I still have to think of this wedding whenever I see snowflakes. Like this beautiful stamp set from MUJI.



picture from here

No comments: