Monday, October 25, 2010

One-handed miracle

Every Monday I will post something related to babies: inspiration, craft projects, baby news, and discoveries I have made in this new and exciting world for me. I hope you come along on that rollercoaster ride with me.
* * *

My little one – like all babies around the world – is a true champion in learning. New skills, new sounds, new moves... It is incredible what these little people learn in a very short time.

But mums and dads are not bad, either. With the birth of their child, they also develop new skills very quickly. E.g. doing everything one-handed, because one hand is always filled with the little one. Or busy entertaining the little one.

Among the basic one-handed skills a new parent develops are: eating, getting dressed, doing housework, opening the mail, filling the washing machine, reading the paper, writing, typing on the computer,... – you know, all these everyday chores

Level 1: all of the above, but with your LEFT hand (if you are right-handed) resp. your RIGHT hand (if you are left-handed) – we have all been there ;-)


picture found here
Level 2: eating sushi with chopsticks and your left hand – mission completed last week, hurray!

picture found here
Level 3: navigating an IKEA trolley (topped with 2 kitchen cupboards and a mirror) with your left hand – I still have no idea how I managed that without seriously hurting anyone or damaging anything ;-)

I wonder what the next level will be... but we keep on learning ;-)

No comments: