Thursday, June 10, 2010

Original and Cheeky Copy

When looking for inspiration for decorating the nursery, I came across this poster a lot:
found here
While I think there is much truth in this statement, I got a bit bored by it after seeing it in so many blogs and magazines. Maybe I was just looking at too many similar sources of inspiration, but these posters seemed to be in EVERY nursery.

I also don’t like that this statement was first developed as propaganda in World War II. You see my questioning and researching of literally everything sometimes really limits my design decisions ;-)

Anyway, I stumbled across a great variety of ‘cheeky copies’ of this much used original... and I love all of them!

found here
Very important for me, since I tend to throw sewing projects, which don’t work out the first time, into a corner and never correct or finish them!


found here
There is nothing more calming than a beautiful cup of tea – especially if my friend C. from London makes it for me.

found here
Well, except cupcakes, maybe. The moist cake, the sugary frosting, the colourful sprinkles. Yes, cupcakes have often saved my life or at least my good mood.

found here
Yumm, bacon. I think bacon is the reason why I couldn’t become a vegetarian. I just cannot resist its smell, its crispyness, its saltiness. Let bacon save us all ;-)


found here 
Well to be honest that is probably closest to my reality. Sometimes there is nothing more liberating and calming than being angry for a bit. Just close the bathroom door and yell. Or throw cushions. And then you are ready for whatever comes your way next.

No comments: