Monday, June 28, 2010

Baby Soccer – Ball Tutorial

Every Monday I will post something related to babies: inspiration, craft projects, baby news, and discoveries I have made in this new and exciting world for me. I hope you come along on that rollercoaster ride with me.
* * *

I cannot believe it. We made it. We are in the quarter final of the World Cup. The game was a thriller. Well worth getting up in the middle of the night.

So now there is no excuse to postpone the baby soccer ball tutorial any further. If our boys can beat England 4:1, I can manage to finally post this tutorial.

This project is a great way to make use of scrap fabrics. And it is really easy, believe me.

The first step is the hardest – make a 13cm regular pentagon template. That means the distance between each side and its opposite corner is 13cm.

Use the template to cut out 12 pentagons. I used scrap fabric in different shades of turquoise. Arrange them so that different fabrics are next to each other.

With right sides facing pin and then sew two shapes together.

Sew five shapes together so that they build a row shown below.

Add the sixth shape on top so that a half ball is formed.

Then repeat these steps for the second half of the ball, sew both halves together leaving a gap open. Fill with toy stuffing (and some little bells if you want) and the handstich the gap together.

Voila, your baby is ready for his or her first training session ;-)

No comments: