Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hello and goodbye

We are off to Germany in 10 DAYS – 240 HOURS – 14400 MINUTES....

This week and a half will be crazy with packing boxes, saying farewell to our Australian friends, cleaning the apartment, getting the little one ready for her big trip... Crazy organisation and moving stuff!

Emotionally I am ambivalent.

One the one hand side I am so happy and excited to go back to my family. To my friends who know me for decades. To my country. To my Berlin. To people who speak the same mother language than I. To food that I have missed. To stores in which I haven’t shopped at in 3 years.

On the other hand I am sad to leave Australia. My new friends. My Melbourne. My travel adventures. My job challenges. The place that really has been home for the past 3 years. My fresh seafood.

I am afraid I won’t have much time to post on this little blog of mine. Therefore I have prepared some Hello-Goodbye posts for the next week. To show you all the things I look forward to in Germany and all the Australian things I will terribly miss.

No comments: